Dedicated to encouraging young women to pursue a career in real estate, WX provides a variety of networking activities designed for young professionals, many of which are open to recipients of WX college and graduate scholarships as well as members. These activities include:
1. Mentoring: The WX Mentoring Program brings together young mentees and women leaders in the real estate industry. Mentors utilize their personal experience and knowledge in the field to assist their mentees as they begin their careers.
2. Conversations: This networking event provides a unique opportunity for students and young professionals to discuss issues relating to real estate with leading women executives. The discussions are held in an interactive-panel format.
3. Perspectives: The annual meeting for WX members and junior professionals, Perspectives covers a variety of topics relating to real estate. In the past, the meeting has dealt with such topics as private equity and New York real estate trends.
4. WX Annual Dinner: Another annual event, the dinner welcomes a broader section of professionals within the New York City commercial real estate industry. Attendees have the chance to network with and meet colleagues, and scholarship recipients are also invited.
5. Monthly Breakfasts: Hosting various panels and distinguished guests, WX’s breakfast meetings are also open to scholarship recipients. The breakfasts are held monthly.